Peggy focuses her practice on real estate tax assessments, tax exemptions, tax incentives and government relations issues. She has successfully represented clients, including the Archdiocese of Chicago and related entities, Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Chicago, Catholic Cemeteries Archdiocese of Chicago, religious orders, not-for-profit organizations, commercial, industrial, corporate and residential clients on a wide variety of real estate tax related and other matters. She also offers litigation and arbitration expertise and serves as a Chair Qualified Arbitrator for the Circuit Court of Cook County.
She has extensive experience with a diverse array of clients, property owners and property types. She has resolved issues and obtained favorable results concerning the appropriate assessment and tax treatment of properties at both the administrative and judicial levels of review in multiple jurisdictions.
Peggy practiced law at other prominent law firms prior to joining O’Keefe Lyons & Hynes, LLC including: McCracken, Walsh, Carlisle & de LaVan; Burke, Warren, Mac Kay & Seritella, P.C. and Mayer Brown LLP. Her prior experience also includes: finance, education and government.
- Religious and not-for-profit entities
- Commercial, corporate businesses, industrial, residential and mixed-use property owners and associations
- Owners, developers and managers in the office, industrial and residential sectors
- Healthcare facilities
- Food Centers
- General property taxation and assessment matters
- Trends in taxation and valuations
- Real estate tax and exemption matters
- Classification changes
- Tax Rate Objections
- Property Tax Appeal Board cases
- Tax Incentives/Special Assessments
- Tax Refunds
CIVIC AND PROFESSIONAL ENGAGEMENTMember of:
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
John Marshall Law School, J.D
Dominican University, B.A.